Sunday 27 January 2013

Blog Background development

Designing our Background


(This was an example of what we could of had as our background, however, we decided that the photo of the park swings is more suited to our opening because of the importance of the location.


 It is, however, used on the Facebook and Twitter page as the cover photo)



I used one of the photos Emili took of our location and edited it using Photoshop CS6.
Here is a step by step guide to how i did it:


First i pasted the image onto a blank canvas.


I then duplicated my layer with the picture. I know have two layers, both with the picture on it. I then with my copy of the first layer, changed the Blend of the layer to Hard Light (beside the opacity percentage)


Then i went to Image, at the top left, and  to Adjustments, Desaturate. I then went to images, Adjustments a second time but headed to Shadows/Highlights


Once in Shadows/Highlights i changed the shadow amount to 40% and the Highlight amount 0%.
 i then went back to the first layer with the original photo and lowered the Fill (underneath Opacity) to 48%.

Finally i played around with the Blur, Sharpen, and Smudge tool till i was finally happy.

By Harry Crotty





No comments:

Post a Comment